Craft 3 Released
Ian Ebden · April 6, 2018
On April 4th the makers of Craft announced the release of the much anticipated Craft 3, and I'm already up-and-running building sites on the new platform.
It took longer than we expected, but for the right reasons. Craft 3 is significantly faster and more scalable, and it’s a modern, forward-facing platform that we’ll be able to build on for years to come.
The new release packs in a bunch of new features and improvements, including:
- Multi-Site. Craft’s localization features are all grown up.
- Image Editor. Crop, rotate, flip, and set focal points on your images.
- Asset Preview. Quickly view your assets everywhere by pressing Shift + Spacebar.
- Debug Toolbar. Learn everything there is to know about how your requests are being processed.
- Element Queries. Fetch the exact content you need.
- PostgreSQL. Like MySQL, but way better in every way.
- Plugin Store. Discover, try, and buy Craft plugins right in the Control Panel.
That's just scratching the surface. For more information, read their blog post at: https://craftcms.com/news/craf...